caution larry

Hi, I’m Kim! This site provides a little insight to my journey of being diagnosised with Remitting Relapsing Multiple Sclerosis on October 26th 2004. I review books and documentaries, post MS-related news, and share my photos.

Subscribe (RSS)

no larry

My bloglines



November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
September 2010
November 2011


Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Can't always blame MS right?
Wow, what a whirlwind this last 3 weeks has been. My heart was all wonky and now it's not, so thats been a great smoothed over effect from being on Fingolimod again. I was back at the MS clinic last week and my resting heart rate is back up to it's healthy 62. And I feel normal like I'm not on meds once again like last year. I'm contemplating moving the time I take my pill back to the morning again. I have been taking it at night so any side effects of the drug happen at night, but I don't like that timing. In the morning, I feel like taking a pill is about as normal as brushing my teeth. Regular routine thing. At night, I'm out and about and always have to remember to take it at 9pm and it feel like a more invasive event on my life. I was at a BBQ with friends on Saturday night and my little reminder alarm went off and I had to go get my pill and take it. I just don't like that. I'll see what my clinical trial nurses say about that plan to move it back. I'll likely have to just keep pushing it forward by an hour or two every day over a couple weeks.

And on to fatigue. A new kind of fatigue. And I'm pretty sure it's not MS fatigue. I like to blame any symptom I have on my MS of course but this time around it really was more than that. I worked my tail off prepping my house to be sold and even though friends and family members were helping me, I was going non-stop every day for 2 weeks straight without a days break in between. Even without haivng MS this is exhausting, so maybe the combo really isn't the best when attempting this kind of regiment! Anyways, the house went up all gussied up and sold in 24 hours and now its all done and I can stop living in a staged house. Yay! The crash of fatigue I felt when all this was done was unbelievable and not a kind of fatigue I've felt before. It's taken several days to stop feeling that weight of fatigue and now it's back to work, so onwards I go. Glad it's done!