caution larry

Hi, I’m Kim! This site provides a little insight to my journey of being diagnosised with Remitting Relapsing Multiple Sclerosis on October 26th 2004. I review books and documentaries, post MS-related news, and share my photos.

Subscribe (RSS)

no larry

My bloglines



November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
September 2010
November 2011


Thursday, July 3, 2008
A blog? What's a blog!?
Well, well, hello everyone. That was an expected, unplanned blogging break. Life has been interesting. I'm back on Fingolimod. I'm on the extention trial for 3 or 4 years now. I was dosed last Tuesday. I'm on either 1.25mg or 0.50mg. Kinda nice to know I'm on it now for sure! I still think I was on it before though and not on Avonex. Should be interesting to really find that out in about a year or so.

So, dosing after being off meds for 5 weeks seemed to go a bit differently. My heart rate dropped again like it did last year. My resting heart rate was 53. Yikes. So, I was kept under monitor for an extra hour. But then that evening and the next day I had this overwhelming fatigue and heavy chest feeling that was all consuming. My heart rate that day was 56. So, I went back to the hospital the following day and they hooked me up to a holter that I went home wearing for 24 hours just to be sure my heart was all okay. I seriously looked like a cyborg! I had 7 connections all over my chest and now those spots look like crop circles. Blech. Anyways, the cardiologist came and had a listen to my heart and thought that the fatigue was a side effect of the drug and not my heart being too slow. So, I've slowly moved taking my once a day pill to the evening so the fatigue hits when I sleep. Interesting. This was the first time that I actully feel drugged or at least feel a drug in my body. I don't even get MS fatigue as bad as this is.

So hopefully over time that side effect eases off. I guess I won't really know considering I sleep when it kicks in, but one day I'd like to move taking my pill in the morning again. I much perfer that routine over taking a pill at 8pm every night. So, we'll see how the next while goes with being back on meds. Heres hoping for a relapse free summer this year.